Emmanuel Paletz – Senior Art Director / Senior Designer
An accomplished Senior Art Director professional with extensive experience (more than 10 years) in bringing top-notch art direction and cutting-edge design to corporate clients. Proven ability to establish the vision for visual and interaction design, and bring that vision into being by successfully connecting the dots between the business, creative and technical sides of the project.
Proven ability to help shape strategy and direct creative design across platforms and media for world-class clients.
Proven success in building and expanding UI visual design across desktop, web, mobile, and iPad channels.
I’m an internationally renowned and award-winning creative. My name and work are well-known and accepted throughout the industry. I Won the Red dot design award, IF design award, print Magazine And more.
I selected to provide visual direction by the most celebrated names such as Rupert Murdoch for the “The Daily app” The first of this kind, “The Cure” band and Keanu Reeves band “Dogstar”. My name and work were published in top newspapers in the United States such as the New York Times Magazine, LA Times, Washington post, print and others.
2006-Present Creative Consultant Senior Art Director
The agencies that I worked for:
And the account that I worked for:
IBM (Cloud) DDB( Effient.com , Janvuia ,State Farm ), THE DAILY- News corp (Newspaper app for the ipad), VML (Account of LG), MEREDITH, MRM (Account of Intel, Chase, Nikon), JWT(Account of Smirnoff, T.Rowe Price, Wyeth MDD, Microsoft), TRIBAL DDB WORLWIDE (Account of Proactiv), DIGITAS(Account of American Express, Ameriprise), RENEGADE(Account of Panasonic ), DIRECTV, MACYS.COM, S&H Digital (Account of Galderma – Silkis), CHEIL (Account of Samsung ), ATMOSPHERE BBDO (Account of Citibank and AT&T), HNW (Account of Sun Trust and Lord Abbett), SCHOLASTIC, Wilson RMS (Account of Charter, GE, Pay Pal), EMC2 (Account of Chase and Milliman) TYKOON, SHINDIG, FJORD, H4B, EVOKEH EALTH and THE BLOC.COM
and Roar group (Publicis sapient) (Account of Chase)
From 2016 IBM (Cloud) UX/UI Sr. Designer (Creative consultant)
- Advanced experience designing and launching responsive design web experiences with an emphasis on mobile for IBM. Responsible for reviewing requirements for design and functionality, making sure they adhere to proper responsive design principles in order to function properly across multiple devices and screen sizes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process participated in daily scrums, and other scrum meetings, provided updates on issues centered mostly on status and progress.
- Performed maintenance on existing Drupal-based cloud pages, collaborated with DS (Digital Strategist), developers, POs and marketing team on requirements. Worked with various departments to develop digital web channel components of integrated marketing pages, including new product landing pages, promotions, etc.
- Responsible for visual quality assurance on cloud pages updates and new EPP pages (Enterprise product pages) making sure they follow IBM’s brand guidelines and quality.
- Responsible for thoroughly managing and clearly conveying IBM’s brand voice, as well as managing the look and feel throughout all marketing and cloud pages, designing lead space images, banners, and social media tiles with on-time delivery to the brief specifications. Also responsible for designing with user accessibility in mind, to aid people with disabilities.
- Responsible for mentoring and coaching new designers about IBM’s design process and brand identity and share design knowledge/best practices with other team members.
- Responsible for updating content on existing pricing and marketing pages. Collaborated with copy partners, developers, marketing team, and others to obtain outstanding information and ensure all changes provided have been implemented. Responsible for incorporating feedback, comments, and changes from stakeholders swiftly with a positive, solution-driven attitude.
The Alice app (Emmanuel Paletz Corp)
Designed Custom Cross-Platform Mobile and Tablet application for “Alice in Wonderland”, one of the best-known and most popular children’s books.
- Responsible for managing the complete project lifecycle, from concept through development, execution and release. Managed the strategy and design direction, designed wireframes and all illustrations, managed the entire UX/UI design.
- Managed all resources and vendors (App Developers, After Effects specialists, copywriters, proofreaders, voice narrator, sound effects artist) to ensure cross-teams collaboration. Worked closely with the team to decide how to develop the project and what features to include.
- Managed frequent communication with all team members working on the project during the design and construction phases to meet specific requirements. Responsible for initiating team meetings, including a regular daily 1:1 Touch Bases with the Development Team and testers to track progress, visualize the scope, address changes, control deliverables, resolve issues or misunderstandings and ensure overall proper progression towards goals.
- Responsible for monitoring quality control to make sure the product works consistently and ensure that the App functions correctly.
- Managed budget and schedule for the project.
- Managed all marketing efforts for the project: the planning, execution, and to tracking of different marketing initiatives such as video for YouTube, strategic Google Adwords, Apple Search Ads, and social media ads as well as User Testing.
THE DAILY app for iPad – The first digital news publication (Rupert Murdoch and Steve Jobs)
- I was selected to join the elite core team of the best possible most talented designers to begin with a discovery
process, during which we learned about The Daily and suggested ideas for its identity.
In close collaboration with Rupert Murdoch and Steve Jobs we choose an agreed-upon visual direction. I was
responsible for creating the brand and keeping it consistent, visually appealing, industry-oriented, and uniquely
designed from beginning to final implementation.
2005-2006 Creative Consultant Senior Art Director
OGILVY ONE AND OGILVY INTERACTIVE
- Acted together with creative directors to determine overall creative direction and marketing strategies, for the accounts of IBM, American Express, and Six Flags. Collaborated with project team members (information architects, developers, designers, project managers, etc.) in the development, design, and delivery of graphical content and overall visual experience to end-users based on scope and project definition.
- Supervised illustrators and production artists, ensured that all creative work is strategically on target. Oversaw the artistic development of marketing and promotion materials while being hands-on and leading the creative flow for the team.
2005 Designer / Art Director
- Responsible for the design of all creative elements and performed as a liaison for Creative, Studio, Tech, Media and other departments on multiple online and traditional projects (Such as reports, brochures, sales literature, direct-mail and conference support materials) consistently ensuring that the high level of production standards are being met at all times to ensure integrity and quality of deliverables.
- Worked with other team members to create a cohesive forward-facing strategy and design for each project.
2002-2005 Business Partner
Paletz Rinot Publishing, Inc.
- Managed and oversaw the creative and production departments for the planning and execution of Twocook book projects (‘Art and Cook’ / ‘The Spirits of Cocktail’) from initial concept to final release tocommunicate the publication’s business-to-business marketing objectives.
- Worked in collaboration with most celebrated chefs of Manhattan’s culinary world (Charlie Palmer, Daniel Boulud, David Burke, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Todd English and others) to create a signature cocktails and appetizers recipes-turned-art masterpiece cookbook.
1998-2002 Art Director / Senior Designer
PUZZLEHEAD LTD. Israel (A leading firm specializing in User Interface and design (GUI) in a wide variety of platforms)
- Actively directed the creative process of all projects within the art department, from concept to completion.
Oversaw the technical and artistic creation of all Puzzlehead’s media projects, contributed artistically to
web design projects and miscellaneous artwork, including advertising design, business presentations and
1999-2000 Lecturer in the Visual Communication Department
BEZALEL ACADEMY OF ART AND DESIGN, JERUSALEM, ISRAEL.
- Faculty Member in the Visual Communication Department.
- Presented Academy-level courses in web, user interface & experience (interactive) design for Academy senior
level students in a specialized program on the Third & Fourth Years in the department of Visual Communication.
Conducted lectures to students on the art of conveying messages, ideas, feelings and information through
form, material, color, motion, sound, text and image. Thought students to communicate with the target audience
using conventional language – in order to be understood, while at the same time using unconventional
language – in order to be surprising and original.
Bezalel Academy of Art and Design
Graphic Design/ Visual Communication, Bachelor of Design
Art & History, Bachelor of Fine Arts
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe after effects, Final Cut Pro.
Additional software: PowerPoint, MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) Mac and Microsoft PC.
- Knowledge of and experience with the development of marketing communication strategies. Thorough
knowledge of web development, e-mail and rich media technologies (video, audio, photo, illustration, etc.)
- A strong user experience knowledge (Ability to work with site maps, user flows, wireframes and other
information design documents).
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard design applications and interactive tools (HTML, Java, Flash, etc.)
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Sharp conceptual skills.
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
The Alice App: Alice Adventure in Wonderland – Winner of Parents’ Choice Award, The NY Times, The History channel, iON Television, WIRED, Venture Beat and more. Promoted by apple to the top 10 app under the category of children apps & game
Samsung P2 microsite
Communication Arts: Webpick of the Day NJ Ad Club Award: Best of Show
Horizon Interactive Awards: Bronze Award (Banner Ads) Gold Award (Advertising Online)
Internet Advertising Competition: Outstanding Microsite/Landing Page
WebAwards: Outstanding Website
Samsung Printers “Cube” Banner
Horizon Interactive Awards: Bronze Award (Banner Ads)
Art And Cook– Cook Book: The book is sold in major stores around the country,
and its publishing rights were bought by ‘Rizzoli’ publication.
For this achievement the magazine of the New York Times, the Washington Post, The Food Network,
Time out, metro news, Newsday, 89.3 KPCC radio station and Rocky Mountain News presented my work.
I was honored by the American Graphic Design Award, Red Dot Award, IF Award, Print- Regional Design Annual Winners and The Biennale International Design Saint-Etienne.
Mono alternative music magazine: Selected to present my work at the “New Talent Pavilion” Milia 98 International Interactive Media Exhibition, Cannes, France 1998.
The Cure: Chosen by the band “The Cure” to create their first-ever – Flash animation video for the web.
The video clip has been published in the book “Flash Frames a New Pop Culture”
Dogstar: Chosen by Keanu Reeve’s band, “Dogstar” to create their first-ever Flash.
Bat Shava Graphic: The Website was published in the prestigious book: WWW Flash The Best
Designs from Around the World.